Automatic Sliding Door is a type of door that opens and closes automatically, typically operated by an electric mechanism. These doors are commonly found in various settings such as shopping malls, airports, hotels, hospitals, office buildings, and other public or commercial spaces. They offer convenience, accessibility, and improved traffic flow.
Automatic sliding doors have become increasingly popular in various public and commercial spaces due to their convenience and functionality.
The go-to door for everyday automation
How Automatic Sliding Doors Work:
Automatic sliding doors operate through a simple process that involves motion sensors, an activation signal, door opening, safety features, adjustable speed and timing, and door closing. Let’s break it down:
- Motion Sensors: Advanced motion sensors, like infrared sensors or motion detectors, detect the presence of individuals approaching the door.
- Activation Signal: Once the motion sensors detect someone nearby, they send an activation signal to initiate the door’s opening sequence.
- Door Opening: The electric motor or hydraulic system is engaged upon receiving the activation signal, causing the door panels to slide open horizontally. These panels are typically made of glass or transparent materials, offering visibility.
- Safety Features: To ensure safety, automatic sliding doors incorporate various features. Presence sensors detect obstacles in the door’s path, prompting the door to reverse if an obstruction is detected. Additionally, safety sensors at the bottom of the door prevent it from closing on people or objects.
- Adjustable Speed and Timing: The speed of the door’s opening and closing can be adjusted to suit different traffic volumes and enhance safety. A delay timer keeps the door open for a specific period, allowing people to pass through before it closes.
- Door Closing: Once the delay time elapses or no motion is detected, the door gradually and smoothly begins to close. Safety sensors continually monitor the door’s path to prevent accidents.
Benefits of Automatic Sliding Doors:
Automatic sliding doors offer numerous advantages, making them a popular choice in modern buildings. Here are some key benefits:
- Accessibility: These doors provide easy access for individuals with disabilities, wheelchair users, and those carrying bulky items.
- Energy Efficiency: Automatic sliding doors are designed to minimize energy loss by opening and closing quickly, reducing the escape of conditioned air from the building.
- Traffic Flow: By eliminating the need for manual operation, these doors ensure smooth traffic flow, especially in areas with high foot traffic.
- Aesthetic Appeal: With their sleek and modern design, automatic sliding doors enhance the overall appearance of a building or space, creating a welcoming atmosphere.
The Automatic Sliding Doors To Meet Your Building’s Needs
Easy-to-customize, aesthetically pleasing, state-of-the-art doors for retail, industrial, commercial, education, and healthcare buildings. All of our components are fully tested for fast, trouble-free installation and reliability.
Automatic sliding doors have revolutionized the way we navigate public and commercial spaces. Their automatic operation, coupled with safety features and aesthetic appeal, makes them an ideal choice for enhancing accessibility and traffic flow.
Configurations to Fit Your Needs
All of our automatic sliding doors are completely customizable to meet your precise needs. What’s more, all components are fully tested for fast, trouble-free installation.
Automatic sensor sliding doors can be found with different types of panels, including glass, wood, or steel. The choice of panel material depends on various factors such as aesthetics, security requirements, and the specific needs of the installation.
Glass Panels: Glass panels are a popular choice for automatic sliding doors. They offer a sleek and modern appearance, allowing natural light to pass through and creating a sense of openness. Glass panels can be transparent, tinted, or frosted for privacy. They are often made of safety glass, such as tempered or laminated glass, which is designed to shatter into small, less harmful pieces if broken. Glass panels provide visibility, making them suitable for areas where visibility and aesthetics are important, such as storefronts, malls, and office buildings.
Wood Panels: Wood panels offer a more traditional and warm aesthetic compared to glass or steel. They can be made of various types of wood, such as oak, mahogany, or maple, and can be stained or painted to match the surrounding decor. Wood panels provide a sense of elegance and can be suitable for applications where a more classic or natural look is desired, such as hotels, upscale establishments, or residential buildings.
Steel Panels: A steel sliding door, particularly a hermetic door, is a type of door commonly used in hospital operating theaters (OT) and other critical environments. These doors are designed to provide airtight and hygienic sealing, ensuring controlled environments and preventing the ingress of contaminants.
It’s important to consult with suppliers to determine the best panel material for your specific needs. They can provide guidance based on factors such as aesthetics, functionality, security, and maintenance requirements. Additionally, local building codes and regulations may also impact the choice of panel materials for automatic sensor sliding doors.